Why Greenfield Farm Is the Place to Stay near Albany, WA
Albany is the first settlement in Western Australia and is alive with historical buildings. Robinson is only a 5-minute drive from the city-centre but is in farming country and offers a rich history. Robinson Estate was one of the first farms near Albany to supply milk, cheese, and vegetables to the region, Perth, and the Goldfields. Robinson was big enough to have its own one-teacher school for the children of the farm workers and is now one of the most popular places to stay near Albany, WA.
Today you’re able to walk or ride bikes through the beautiful winding country roads of Robinson where you’ll see farm animals, native birds and wildlife. The Equestrian Centre and Spencer Race Course are close by.
It’s a short drive to:
• The spectacular sites of the Wind Farm, Natural Bridge, Gap, Cable Beach, Blow Holes and Whale World
• Shopping in the city centre
• The Weekend Farmer’s Markets
• Albany’s superb selection of restaurants and cafes
• Great beaches for swimming, surfing, fishing, and diving
• Three different golf courses
• Albany’s historical sites such as The Forts, Strawberry Hill Farm
• Local award-winning wineries